Today I’m starting a multi series of Lean How To Play Drums
What I’m going to do over the next 6 videos is show how
- Simple rhythms can help to get you playing music straight away.
- How combination of rhythms can improve your listening skills which will dramatically get you playing in time. So you can build the confidence to play along with other people.
- Break the myth you have to be a musician to create music and getting you more musically in tune.
- Learn to create a more musical experience by learning the 6 tones of percussion and understand how every rhythmical part and instrument has a place within the ensemble.
- I’ll take you through solo ideas so you have a platform to begin to express yourself.
- I’ll show you a variety of rhythms for hand drums, stick drums and hand held percussion instruments, so you can begin to play along with my percussion ensemble which I will be creating throughout this series.
- And in a nutshell expand your musical awareness.
Today let’s look at simple hand drumming for beginners, cool drum beats to learn and how they fit together to create a rhythmical dialog, and the importance in having instrument tones (pitch).
I’ve been teaching and studying drumming with the best from around the world for well over 25 years. So I know a thing or two about music.
So if you’re a beginning-beginner this series will help you begin your drumming journey. If you’re an experienced drummer and looking for some inspiration and more musical tools this video series will help you as well.
Hand drum rhythm one
Hand drum rhythm two
Hand drum rhythm three
Hand drum rhythm four
What would it feel like to bring the power of rhythm to your community?
My drum circle facilitator training will help build your confidence and increase your knowledge.
Looking for free drum lessons?
A little gift for you as you continue to build your djembe drumming skills.
I want to help you out as much as I can so I’ve added some great hand drum beats for beginners and ensemble drums that accompany the djembe, called 7 Easy Steps to Develop Rhythm, Technique, Timing and Feel ebook. It’s filled with lots of tips on technique and how to improve your timing and feel, to really take your playing to the next level.
This is my gift to you and something that can accompany you on your drumming journey.
Get your instant copy for absolutely free!! Price $15 - FREE today!!